Chefmom Thai Meatball Dinner
2 pounds ground chicken or turkey (I use chicken)
1 tbspn fresh grated ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp curry powder
4 green onions chopped
Black pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
4 bundles of baby bok choy chopped
1/4 c Thai red curry paste
2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk full fat
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
3 tbspn fish sauce
1 tbspn honey
Thai basil chopped
Fresh cilantro chopped
Rice noodles or favorite rice
Optional, chili oil
- Place ground chicken, green onion, ginger, garlic, pepper, and curry powder in a bowl. Mix well. With wet hands roll into meatballs. (About 16)
- Heat a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add oil. Sear meatballs till crisp. Do not rush them. They won’t stick to pan if you let them crisp and the protein is ready to turn. Remove the meatballs to a plate and toss in bok choy. Cook until it begins to brown. Place on plate with meatballs.
- In the same pot add curry paste. Cook for 1 minute and add coconut milk,broth, fish sauce and honey. Place meatballs and bok choy back in pot. Add spices. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook rice noodles or rice according to package directions.
- Divide rice noodles or rice into bowls and ladle meatballs and soup over top. Drizzle with chili oil if desired. (I do!)