Chicken Wings 2 Ways: Hot and Sweet
Makes approximately 60 wings
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup favorite hot sauce
2 teaspoons minced ginger
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
5 pounds of wings cleaned and cut at joint
Both sauces can be made ahead and rewarmed.
1. Mix butter, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt in a skillet.
2. Slowly add hot sauce, mix together.
1. Mix ginger, garlic, honey, soy sauce, and 1/4 cup of water to a boil.
2. Simmer until honey is dissolved.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Set a wire rack inside a large baking sheet. You will need two.
3. Toss wings with oil, salt, and pepper and divide them between the prepared racks.
4. Bake wings for 50 minutes. Remove one rack of wings and toss in the sweet sauce. Place back in oven for 5-8 minutes.
5. Remove other rack and toss in hot sauce and serve.
6. Remove sweet wings and toss with any pan juices and serve.