Coleslaw With A Kick
2c shredded red cabbage
1c shredded napa cabbage
2 large carrots grated
6 scallions, cut
1 jalapeno, chopped
3 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
3 tablespoons of unseasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
Optional: 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts, 1/2 cup raisins, fresh fruit, and sesame seeds to top
1. Combine cabbages, scallions, and jalapeno in a large salad bowl. Toss
2. Place sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, chili sauce, and ginger in a jar and seal tightly. Shake jar to mix. Add salt, pepper, or more chili sauce if needed.
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Add your optional ingredients if desire. Toss again.
4. Refrigerate salad for 2-4 hours.
5. Top with sesame seeds if desired.