Herb and Mustard Salmon on a Bed of Lentils
For herb-mustard sauce:
5 tablespoons softened butter
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
1 teaspoon dry tarragon
2 teaspoons grainy mustard
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup green lentils
4 cups water
2 medium leeks (cleaned, and chopped)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 (6-8 ounce) pieces of salmon
2 tablespoons butter
1. Make butter sauce by combining all ingredients and put aside.
2. Bring lentils, water and salt to a boil . Simmer, uncovered, until lentils are just
tender, 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid, then drain lentils.
3. While lentils cook, prepare leeks. Cook leeks in butter until soft. 6-8 minutes.
4. Add leeks to lentils with reserved liquid and 3 tablespoons of the sauce. Stir
until butter melts. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
5. Dry salmon and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Heat butter in a skillet and
place salmon in skillet. Saute' turning once and cooking fish 8 minutes total.
6. Serve salmon on top of lentils with extra sauce on top.