My Family’s Favorite Quinoa!
1 cup of uncooked quinoa
2 cups of water
8 pieces of bacon
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of spicy brown mustard
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon of ground chipotle
1/4 teaspoon of salt
black pepper to taste
1/4 medium red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup of chopped parsley
1. Combine quinoa and water in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cover the pan.
2. Simmer covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Let quinoa stand with cover on for five minutes. Remove lid and fluff with fork. Cool.
4. Crisp the bacon, drain on paper towels, and set aside. When cool, cut bacon into pieces.
5. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, paprika, chipotle, salt, and pepper.
6. In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, bacon pieces, onion, and parsley. Toss with the dressing, and serve chilled or at room temperature.