No Cook Spicy Tomato Sauce with Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup crushed canned tomatoes in purée
- 1/3 cup cilantro or parsley (your preference)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 3/4 pound pasta of your choice
- Optional: 1/4 cup of olive oil
- In a large glass bowl whisk together lemon juice, paprika, cumin, ginger, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato purée and cilantro. Leave on your counter until your ready to use it.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook your pasta. When the pasta comes back to a boil, add your shrimp. Boil both together for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and shrimp and toss with the tomato sauce.
- Serve in individual bowls or family style with grated Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Optional for family style: drizzle 1/4 cup of olive oil on top.