1 pound dark ground chicken
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper paste
1 tablespoon sake
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
4 teaspoons soy sauce
5 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons white vinegar
zest of 1/2 orange
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Make orange sauce: combine sake, 2 tablespoons water, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar , white vinegar, and orange zest. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
2. Make cornstarch mixture: dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water.
3. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add ground chicken.
4. Cook chicken until cooked through and break up into small pieces.
5. Once chicken is cooked, add ginger, garlic, and chili pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add orange sauce. Bring to a boil.
7. Add the cornstarch and cook until mixture thickens.
9. I like to serve in a bowl with brown rice, hot sauce or ponzu, roasted veggies, or shiitake mushrooms.