Seared Fish Fillet with Shallot Balsamic Sauce
- 4-6 oz fresh fish fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 425. Pat fish dry with paper towels and let them stay at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Get the skillet nice and hot.
4. Place the fillets carefully top side down. Cook for 4 minutes or until edges of fish start to brown. Do not turn fish.
5. Place skillet in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
6. Remove fish from skillet and place seared side up on a serving plate.
7. Make sauce: Wipe skillet clean with paper towel and melt the butter over medium heat for 2 minutes or until it starts to brown. Take off heat and add vinegar, shallot, and lemon juice. Whisk all together and pour over fish.